You may already know that anti-reflective (AR) coatings make your glasses easier to clean by preventing oil, water, and dirt from sticking to the lenses. But what you might not know is that they also play a big role in how you see, how you look, and how your eyes feel at the end of the day.
Important benefits of anti-reflective (AR) coatings to consider when purchasing your next pair of glasses.
- Increase Your Visual Clarity - AR coatings enhance the way you see the world by allowing more light to pass through the lens while eliminating glare, so you have clear vision on the job, in the classroom, around the house, and behind the wheel.
- Enhance Your Appearance - By removing harsh reflections from your lenses, AR coatings allow others to see you – not that annoying glare. Whether you’re posing for a picture or video chatting with a friend, you can feel confident that your eyes take center stage.
- Extend the Life of Your Lenses - AR coatings protect your glasses against scratches and smudges, resulting in lenses that last longer and they also automatically come with a warranty. This also means you’ll be replacing your lenses less frequently, which can help save you money.
- Reduce Your Blue Light Exposure - Specialty AR coatings like DuraVision® BlueProtect UV, combat digital eye strain by reducing your exposure to blue light from digital devices and lighting. If you’re unfamiliar with digital eye strain, it’s that tired, irritated feeling you get in your eyes after looking at a digital screen for a few hours.
- Protect Your Eyes from UV Rays - AR coatings can also help protect your eyes from the sun’s damaging rays. UV protection can be added to the backside of the lenses to defend your eyes against UV rays reflected off surfaces like sidewalks and windows.
Single Vision Lens
Optimizes lens design for sharp vision in all distances, especially when lowering the gaze to focus on nearby objects, like smart phones. Improved optical performance with wider fields of view.
Provides a wide, clear distance zone with a comfortable near zone for stress-free viewing of digital screens. Designed for all-day wear, ZEISS SmartLife Digital Lens is ideal for single vision patients who suffer from Digital Eye Strain.
Specifically designed for the visual needs of people with presbyopia, ZEISS Progressive SmartLife lenses offer a smoother transition into the lens periphery with less perceived blur. The optical performance in the lens periphery is specially designed for frequent changes of head and eye position driven by how people interact with their handheld devices.